1. If you wish to contact us through our website, we will process the following data:
o your identification details such as your name, first name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and any other information you might provide;
o technical data such as your IP address, location and browser type.
2. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will process the following identification data: name, first name and email address.
3. If you wish to apply for one of our job opportunities, we will process your identification data and contact details, personal characteristics, education and training, occupation and position, family composition, leisure activities and interests, memberships and where appropriate national register number and any other information you may choose to provide us.
4. In the context of client management on the one hand and the legal services to our client(s) on the other hand, we may process personal data of clients (all necessary identification, contact and billing data) as well as of opposing and third parties (identification and contact data) which we have either received from our client(s) or extracted from databases (e.g. CBE).
For the performance of a contract
Follow-up of your request on the website, processing your application
- You give us your explicit prior consent;
- There is a legal obligation for us to pass on the personal data in the context of (the prevention of) fraud and abuse;
- This is necessary in order to provide the legal services to our client(s).
Specifically, your personal data will or could be shared with the following third parties and for the following reasons:
- Law firms, client(s), bailiff, detectives, (administrative) courts and any other (legal) actors;
- Communication agencies (when sending publications, greeting cards, etc.);
- Event organisers.
For the processing of personal data it may be necessary to transfer these outside the EEA, in which case we will provide all appropriate safeguards in order to protect the personal data. V. How long will your personal data be retained ? Your personal data will not be retained any longer than necessary. In practice, this means that your personal data, depending on the purpose for which they are processed, will be removed from our files:
- 7 years after the end of the client relationship;
- 1 year after sending your personal data in case you applied for one of our job opportunities and were not hired afterwards;
- 1 month after a request on our website was made and no additional information was requested afterwards or you did not become a client;
- As long as you are subscribed to our newsletter;
- As long as is necessary in light of the legal services provided to our client(s).
Regardless of this period during which we store your personal data, we will also delete your personal data if you explicitly request us to do so via the contact details mentioned above and insofar there is no exception which prevents the deletion of the data. VI. What rights do you have? You have several rights with regard to your personal data which you can exercise by contacting us using the contact details mentioned above. Some exceptions may be applicable during the exercise of your rights, e.g. article 17.3.e GDPR which excludes the right to deletion for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- To consult the personal data that relate to you and that is processed by us, to have inaccurate / incomplete personal data corrected if necessary, or to have personal data deleted, as well as - in certain cases- to restrict the processing of your personal data or oppose to it;
- The transfer of your personal data, either by providing it to you in a readable form or its direct transmission by us to the third party service provider designated by you;
- The withdrawal of a previously given consent to process your personal data;
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, including in the event you are not satisfied with the handling of your question or complaint by us, via the following contact information:
- To object to the processing of your personal data for reasons of direct marketing.
VII. How can you exercise your rights? A request must always clearly state which right you wish to exercise. Also please state in which context we received your personal data. You can contact us for this purpose by using the contact details mentioned above.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
3rd Party Cookies
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!